Our client is an international ship management firm with various global locations. Their people come from a ship-owning background and they know very well that protecting the condition of the ships the company manages, helps their customers to get that charter, pass that vetting inspection, and make that vital good first impression. These values are aligned with the values of their people. They are currently experiencing tremendous growth and are expanding their team in Limassol. They are currently looking for a Fleet Personnel Officer.
- Acts as an interface with manning agents, all operational departments, and owners if required on day-to-day fleet personnel issues and fleet personnel performance;
- Manages and controls seafarers employment to ensure that competent, experienced, trained, certificated, and medically fit seafarers are recruited and retained;
- Monitors crew costs budgets, expenses, and costs and reports to superiors as and when required;
- Maintains the relief/ rotation planning & executes crew changes effectively
- Monitors requirements (retention, planning, documentation & training) to ensure that seafarers are relieved on time and at cost-effective ports;
- Ensures compliance with company, international, and company regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of business or shipping related discipline
- Recent shore-based experience in a similar role
- Considerable knowledge of the shipping business especially with regards to ISM and MLC, process flow, and procedural requirements
- Good command of the English language both spoken & written
- MS Office and email
- A positive mindset with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptive to changes
- Attentive to detail
- Able to build and maintain work relationships
- Able to use initiative (problem solving)
- Able to manage/resolve conflict
- Able to exercise sound judgment