Are you a talented and engaging Digital Product Owner looking for an opportunity to make a real impact? This is a rare opportunity for a hands-on Product Owner to join a start-up operation fully funded by a large financial institution in Cyprus. This exciting new venture invested in the latest technologies in containers and microservices will develop a Digital Platform unique to Cyprus. This is a great job opening for anyone looking to work in a cloud-native and fully agile environment, with a start-up mentality.
You will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, and managing a backlog for a product/value stream, ensuring the development team understands and delivers the requirements. Additionally, you will be accountable for driving the initiative from initial stages to delivery to post-deployment, ensuring successful delivery and adoption
Your success in the role will be based on the efficient and effective delivery of the product direction and vision of this exciting new venture.
The position is based in their fancy, newly set up office space in Nicosia.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to define, conceptualize, analyze, plan the roadmap for delivery, develop a project approach, and monitor/coordinate the implementation and utilization of Digital Products.
- Closely follow market trends; assess competitive dynamics and advancements in digital experiences and technologies inside and outside of the financial services sector that add value to the bank. Explore innovative technologies and how to best deploy them.
- Identify innovative ways of achieving efficiency and effectiveness using technology and digital services.
- Involve stakeholders in the design process from the outset, perform research and analysis, use data and analytics to make decisions wherever possible.
- Identify/define Digital Services and Products that provide value. Translate effectively product value propositions, features, and functions into outstanding digital customer experiences. Act as the Product Manager for these to ensure that these are clearly defined, processed, and included in the relevant Roadmap.
- Define Digital Products that leverage the Bank’s core business assets and customer base effectively. Ensure that the defined products allow users (including customers) to achieve the main goals quickly and simply, provide an experience that is personal and relevant, provide interaction methods that are intuitive and similar to other digital products, learn about the user behavior and preferences, provide an experience that is seamless across multiple devices and channels and that deliver a surprise and enriched customer experience factor.
- Develop product designs at the prototype stage in collaboration with the design team and keep iterating until the product definition is ready to be handed over to the software development processes.
- Monitor the development and implementation of the Digital Products under his / her responsibility to ensure the generation of value and benefits realization.
- Create and manage external eco-systems to support innovation in their respective product area.
- Execute any other activities assigned to him/her, that fall within and are relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Agile Certification highly desired – e.g. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- At least 3 years of experience managing products or leading technology transformation is required
- Product management expertise
- Banking industry understanding and experience preferred
- Knowledge of Agile models: SAFe, Scrum, Spotify, etc.
- Transformation expertise for the particular initiative will be considered as an additional advantage
- Design Thinking / Technology understanding will be considered as an additional advantage
- Stakeholder management
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT and Digital Services with strong analytical, strategic planning, and communication/presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced fluid environment, where creativity and strategic thinking is the norm
- Independent decision-making skills and good judgment
What's on offer:
- Highly competitive market salary
- Technologically advanced and fully agile environment
- Favorable working schedule
- Relocation assistance from abroad