Our client is a leading telecommunications service provider in the Maritime industry. We are seeking an experienced individual in HR, to join their senior management team as the Chief People Officer, based in Limassol.
The Chief People Officer is an executive-level position focusing on building and maintaining a company culture by overseeing all aspects of HR. The CPO is responsible for setting an HR strategy aimed at shaping and monitoring the company culture and maximizing employee engagement. The CPO is responsible for the company’s recruitment policy, developing training programs, and improving employee retention rates.
The CPOs overall responsibilities focus on leading the Human Resources Department in handling the full spectrum of HR functions, with emphasis on employee engagement, performance management, recruitment & workforce planning, compensation & benefit, career development paths, succession planning & employee relations.
- Define and communicate the company culture throughout the organization.
- Establish the company’s human resources strategy and monitor its progress.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Management to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention.
- Manage Performance Management process and assist with goal development.
- Think “out-of-the-box” and provide solutions suitable for the company, based on the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Diversity & Inclusion within the organization.
- Participate in coaching, counseling, and advising management and staff to ensure the resolution of employment-related matters.
- Prepare and analyze HR metrics and provide reports that support decision-making in specified areas. Identify issues, analyze information, and provide solutions to problems.
- Create and/or update policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed.
- Optimize the use of people analytics software to manage talent
- Conduct executive coaching and leadership training
- Lead benefits and retirement plan administration
- Develop and implement compensation strategy and planning
- Implement new and enhanced existing staff recognition and reward programs.
- Actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting job openings, and overseeing all ranking positions' hiring and onboarding process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Establish and oversee staff exit procedures.
- Advise line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures.
- Collaborate on suggestions for individual training that will enhance growth and development.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable employment and other relevant regulations.
- Develop team communications and information for meetings.
- Maintain a good understanding of the company’s products, services, and procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication and cooperates well with all departments.
- At least five (5) years of previous experience in a similar position.
- A Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to express yourself and communicate thoughts in a clear and organized manner.
- A logical thinker and the ability to work alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Analytical skills in order to analyze data
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Business awareness and management skills.
- Discretion, integrity, and approachability, as managers and staff, must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you.
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organizational culture where necessary.