Our client is an international telecommunications provider to the Maritime industry. They are looking to hire Technical Support Engineer to provide first-class assistance to their clients.
The Support Engineer is responsible to monitor and maintain a wide variety of products and solutions within the Maritime Satellite Communications Industry.
The main job purpose of the Support Officer is to provide technical and network problem resolution to the end user (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. When necessary, the Support Officer will follow specific procedures to escalate technical problems to the System Engineer.
This is a critical and important role to the company because the Support Engineer represents the organization and is the direct point of contact for their customers, during critical moments.
- Diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems,
- Configuring different systems to suit customers’ requirements and being as efficient as possible in his/her resolution time.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Guide the end user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the System Engineer.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the customer.
- 24/7/365 shift work to provide technical support upon request from the customer at any time (shift patterns between colleagues will take place).
- Experience in Maritime and Tech Support is required
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Ability to work remotely, independently with a personal office and strong Wi-Fi
- CCNA certificate or higher
- Team player
- Maritime and/or airtime experience
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Computer literacy.
- Networking & Knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Some exposure to Linux (Debian).
- Working experience with security appliances, primarily FortiNet devices.
- Base understanding of Cyber Security concepts.
- Knowledge of setting up wireless networks and Access Points.