Our client, an international FMCG company with operations in Europe and North Africa, seeks to hire a Chief Accountant to join their team in Tripoli, Libya. You will be based in Tripoli and work closely with the team in both Cyprus and North Africa. The ideal candidate must be willing to relocate to Libya for this role.
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the Finance Manager, handle all financial aspects of the company and assist in improving efficiencies within various departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, motivate and coordinate the duties of Finance department and the staff of the Accounting function with responsibilities for all related transactions for general ledger postings, accounts payable function, accounts receivable function, fixed asset ledger, and cash and bank.
- Determines proper handling of all financial transactions and manages timely monthly close to ensure accurate Trial Balance, Profit center reporting, and variance analysis.
- Monitors compliance with company procedures.
- Coordinates the annual independent audit, including all working papers, reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Provides required information and analysis to Finance Manager as requested and needed.
- Oversees internal control systems for all departments to ensure the safeguarding of company assets.
- Responsible for holding warehouse management accountable for accuracy and timeliness of inventory controls and cost controls.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in cost control management and annual Budget process.
- Qualified accountant
- Proven experience in the Finance/Accounting function.
- Strong IT skills with experience in ERP systems (preferably SAP) and MS Excel macros/formulas/ spreadsheet development.
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Well organized, capable of multi-tasking and organizing work of others to ensure delivery of tight deadlines.
- Flexible, team player with experience in staff management.
- Energy and enthusiasm to understand the business, industry and be a proactive member of management.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tripoli, Libya
What's on offer:
- Attractive net salary paid in 12 installments
- Housing and all expenses covered by the company
- Company car/transportation
- Private Medical for individuals and family members
- Return tickets to country of origin