Our client is a global online gambling and casino operator looking to expand its team in Limassol, Cyprus. We are looking to hire a Legal and Compliance Manager to work closely with the Chief Compliance Manager. The most successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a compliance strategy tied to the company’s business objectives in obtaining its gaming lisence in Cyprus.
Essential for our client's growth and competitiveness, the position plays a crucial role in the legal and onboarding activities of the company.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and comment on contracts required to sign.
- Review and advise internal team members on a wide range of complex regulatory issues.
- Review and advise on changes to relevant legislation/regulations that impact the business in various jurisdictions in which it operates.
- Review products, offerings, and marketing initiatives for compliance with regulatory requirements and prohibitions.
- Liaising with authorities, partners, regulators, and external and internal stakeholders on AML and CFT-related matters.
- Design and update policies, procedures, and training modules to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Determine appropriate risk tolerance for the company in the areas set forth above.
- Conducting and overseeing internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Work closely with the Head of Compliance and the wider Compliance team to uphold standards and embed a culture of compliance across the business.
Your areas of knowledge and experience:
- Qualified Lawyer
- A strong leader with a minimum of 2-3 years experience in compliance in Cyprus preferably and other European gambling markets within an iGaming business.
- A native or fluent speaker of the English language. Russian/Greek language would be considered an advantage
- Demonstratable experience in a compliance role (operator, or regulator) with an understanding of KYC, AML, Safer Gambling and Fraud,
- In-depth knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry guidelines
- Up-to-date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards.
- Professional certifications in compliance and /or AML are highly desirable (CySec, CAMS, etc.).
- Enjoy and be comfortable with the accountability of working and making decisions autonomously in an environment that will always have a level of ambiguity.
- Experience working within a multi-brand organization would be beneficial but not essential.
- A self-driven mentality with the confidence to drive your agenda rather than through micro-management support and direction.
- A high-level understanding of the licensing process would be advantageous.
What is on offer
- Full-time work in a cozy new office in the center of Limassol.
- Competitive and fair compensation package.
- The opportunity to grow and develop a compliance team