Are you a talented and resourceful problem solver looking for an opportunity to make a real impact? This is a rare opportunity for a hands-on DevOps Engineer to join a start-up operation fully funded by a large financial institution in Cyprus. This exciting new venture invested in the latest technologies in containers and microservices will develop a Digital Platform unique to Cyprus. This is a great job opening for anyone looking to work in a cloud-native and fully agile environment, with a start-up mentality.
In this role, you will love what you do. You will be dynamic and creative. You will have to maintain the continuous delivery pipeline toolchain, including continuous integration, automated builds, automated build verification testing, and automated deployment.
Your success will be based on your ability to define DevOps processes and shape the development culture. You will help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging, and production environments. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, then apply to your next challenging role.
The position is based in their fancy, newly set up office space in Nicosia.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Analyze software deployment and release requirements and provide recommendations.
- Check compliance with the DevOps model and manage the DevOps permission model.
- Coordinate and execute deployments with cross-team dependencies or impacts.
- Deploy new application versions to QA and maintain the runbook during the release cycle.
- Perform global environment configurations.
- Coordinate platform upgrade initiatives.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support software development automation, configuration management, and release management.
- Maintain and monitor adherence to quality standards and applicable regulations which include but are not limited to mandated requirements such as GDPR.
- Relevant industry experience working in the area of (agile) Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or Operations.
- Hands-on experience with automation, orchestration, and system configuration tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant, Terraform, or similar)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with working in DevOps teams and prior experience with highly scalable systems (cloud)
- Experience with user acceptance testing and environment troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana, and Prometheus or other
- Expert-level knowledge of pods, nodes, deployments (blue-green, canary, rollbacks, etc.), load balancers, and Helm charts
- Deploying microservices / Java REST-based containers
- Maintaining Security in a Kubernetes cluster
- Deploying tools for container monitoring, metrics, and logging
- Strong server administration skills (Windows, RHEL, and Ubuntu preferred)
What's in it for you:
- Competitive above market salary.
- Working in a fully agile environment. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up.
- This is an opportunity to operate and develop a platform on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about technology and product development, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success.
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and build something from scratch!
- Remote work would be considered once the team is up and running