We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our client’s team at Jinius, the digital economy platform developed by the Bank of Cyprus. They are based out of the Sporting Club in Latsia, Nicosia. They have a vibrant and inclusive culture of a start-up and are in the process of building a team of talented people to help them reach their vision and we’d like you to join them!
- You will support Jinius’ roadmap and long-term strategy by analyzing and presenting data and user insights in a way that helps stakeholders make the right decisions. You will use your data science knowledge and expertise in machine learning and network science to build models that meet business goals and customer needs. You will work with an interdisciplinary team to put efficient models into production, and monitor / iterate their performance as needed.
- Technical skills are important but they’re treading start-up territory which means unknowns are a part of life, so a team player with a positive attitude looking for a challenge is the perfect fit!
- We adhere to best practices and the latest, proven technologies. We’re always making continuous changes in order to improve and your ideas will be welcome.
- Experience in data fundamentals, including exploratory data analysis, visualizations, and A/B testing
- The breadth of knowledge in data science topics applied in an organization, including expert level knowledge in at least one of the following areas: natural language processing, machine learning, network science
- Strong programming experience (preferably in Python, R) using a range of coding practices to build scalable data products
- Expertise in putting models into production and improving data product performance
- Degree(s) in a relevant subject e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science. Masters or above are preferable.
- Fluent in English and/or Greek
- Github account with cool data science projects in it
- Continually be open to learning, sharing knowledge, and taking on new challenges
- Basic use of docker
What’s on offer:
You will get a laptop, 2 screens, wireless keyboard, and mouse, in addition to:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work from home policy
- Friday half days
- Bi-weekly sprint reviews with drinks and snacks
- Free use of the sporting club tennis and futsal field
- Monthly knowledge sharing sessions
- Latest technologies and learning opportunities