Want to be part of the next big thing in Cyprus? Read the data below and tell us what you think.
We are looking for a Data Engineer, to join a team of A-grade techies working on the latest digital platform, unique to Cyprus. This is a start-up operation, fully funded by a large financial institution invested in the latest technologies. As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the data architecture, preparing the data infrastructure, and making it ready for analysis as well as extracting data from various source systems and loading into data repositories, and making data available via DataOps.
To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards, be comfortable using visualization tools, and be able to apply your skills to generate insights that help solve business challenges. They will look to you as a key advisor, capable of providing thought leadership on new ways to monitor customer and developer-focused metrics.
In the role, you will work closely with scientists, product managers, and software engineers (working in a fully agile and cloud-native environment) to build out infrastructure, data pipelines, and reporting mechanisms for the team.
You will do all of this in a fancy, newly set up office space in Nicosia.
- Participates in all aspects related to data such as sourcing, analysis, quality, design, and implementation to ensure robust and accurate solutions.
- Responsible for database administration activities such as the translation of the logical database design into a physically implementable design, using agreed standards to design and create the databases and database objects such as the tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, defaults, schemas, and indexes.
- Analyses performance statistics and recommends improvements to increase efficiency.
- Manages the deployment of the ETL (Extraction Transformation Loading) tools and processes for importing and exporting data, ensuring robust and accurate solutions.
- Performs various activities including: Database Maintenance, Backup and Recovery Monitoring, Data Replication, Repository Management, Security Administration, Database Performance Monitoring, Ad-hoc Data Manipulation.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Azure Data Engineer Associate will be considered an advantage
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark etc
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools
- Experience with stream-processing systems
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages
- General Data Architecture knowledge such as Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Data Marts, as well as SQL, NoSQL and Graph databases
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Use of reporting tools such as Business Objects, PowerBI, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau or other.
- Probability, statistics and mathematical optimization skills.