WorkForce International has partnered up with a leading international software company developing some very cool stuff. They develop productivity tools for various professionals and their products aim at accelerating the product development lifecycle, by improving efficiency and bridging communication gaps in product teams. Their team in Nicosia is growing and looking to hire a Front-End Developer.
They are a group of passionate, fun, and creative individuals and they are looking for someone just as motivated to join them. They work in a fast-paced, agile start-up environment where things never get boring. They work hard and play hard too! Check out the benefits at the bottom
As a Front End Developer, you will be collaborating closely with your team consisting of designers, QA, and engineers, to build and ship new features for the company’s products, as well as improving existing functionality and doing performance optimizations. You will be putting your skills to use to develop features that push the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve on the web. The ideal candidate will be excited to keep up with the latest technologies and will have the ability to learn new skills with relative ease. As a key part of their fast-growing team, you will impact the technical direction of the company and products.
Your day-to-day function:
- Start with a healthy breakfast
- Participate in their agile ceremonies (Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives).
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and designers to discuss, plan and build user-facing features.
- Participate in peer code reviews through pull requests for knowledge sharing and maintaining the quality of our codebase.
- You have proficiency with CSS3, HTML5 and modern browser technologies
- You know how to write modular CSS using a CSS preprocessor (e.g. Sass, Less)
- You are able to write reusable, scalable, and high-performance code
- You have experience in developing large single-page applications
- You have experience with a version control system such as Git in a team environment
- You are driven by the challenge of working on a complex, large-scale product used daily by thousands of users
- You are comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance
- You are eligible to work in the EU
It would be an advantage if:
- You have experience with TypeScript
- You have experience with writing asynchronous Node.js services
- You have experience with test-driven development and writing automated tests using Jest, Jasmine, or Mocha
- You have a flair for design and commitment to great user experiences
- You have experience with build automation and tooling (webpack, grunt, npm)
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks, and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable
- You have worked in Agile teams and delivered software by following the Agile mindset
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive salary (13th salary included)
- Medical insurance
- Learn and grow your skills at a high-tech startup
- Free daily healthy breakfast
- Company retreat every year
- Unlimited Foosball, Pool and Arcade games