WorkForce International has partnered with a leading global provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting, and related services. Their mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market. They are expanding their team in Cyprus and looking to hire a Client Money Accountant. The position is based in Nicosia.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to senior functional management (including the Finance Director, Europe) in the production of accurate and timely Finance Department deliverables on a day-to-day, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for the review, development, and update of existing client money systems/processes/policies/procedures for accuracy and expediency and suggest improvements where necessary as assigned
- Responsible for the production/oversight of the daily client money calculation, including final check and approval on occasion, for all regulated entities as they become operational and as assigned
- Assist in the management of all regulated entities' client money audits, including external, internal, and compliance monitoring reviews, as assigned
- Assist with regulatory reporting deliverables for all regulated entities, including the preparation of careful and timely analysis to aid the review of returns. Improve robustness of existing processes and backed-up with reconciliations as assigned
- Assist with the day to day activities of the Finance Team and the month/quarter/year-end processes (including audit)
- Any ad hoc projects and/or tasks as assigned by senior functional management
- Previous proven knowledge and experience in a similar role in a financial services organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure
- A high degree of numeracy and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy in MS Office (Excel must be Advanced with ability to use look ups and pivot tables)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all staff at all levels and locations within the Company
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet personal and departmental objectives within strict deadlines
- Fluent English (both written and verbal)
- You must be based and eligible to work in Cyprus