Are you intrigued or passionate about development and ready to be a part of a new customer-centric product? This is not just another boring software/analyst job. Why? Because, a large financial institution has invested in Digital Platform, keen on disrupting the market. This start-up operation will build this platform from scratch. And you will be making sure that all applications on this platform are working famously. Exciting, yes!
You will report directly to the Head of Development. You will be responsible to identify and respond to technical problems that require immediate solutions and suggesting actions to prevent them from reoccurring. Additionally, you will enhance the integration and configuration of Support tools that assist the broader team have better oversight of critical client-facing components in staging and production environments. Develop Support reports for the broader team and for higher business management. Follow the Release Cycle from testing into staging environments to Production deployments and post-release monitoring using automation tools and cloud-native platforms. Finally, you will cooperate with Development, DevOps, Product, and Data Analytics teams. You must be flexible to work on a shift-based model.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide 2nd line Application Support for the state-of-the-art technology our Platform uses.
- Identify, analyze, track, respond to, and resolve technical issues affecting our clients.
- Work with our Development, DevOps, and Product teams to coordinate and deploy Releases into Test and Production environments
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team to assist in report generation using metrics from Support tools
- Incident/Problem/Change Management
- Configure monitoring tools to create dashboards useful for critical process monitoring
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed about important incidents
- Maintain and monitor adherence to quality standards and applicable regulations which include but are not limited to mandated requirements such as GDPR.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Professional Qualifications such as ITIL Service Management Certifications and/or Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Computing Certifications are a bonus
- Relevant industry experience working in either Production Application Support, Software Development, IT Service Management, or Operations.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Delivery, automation, and other Support tools.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with working in DevOps and Development teams using cloud-native technologies
- Experience with user acceptance testing and environment troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana, and Prometheus, or others is a bonus
- Exposure to Cloud-native technologies (Docker Containers, K8s)
- Exposure to Release Deployment tools (Argo CD)
- Understanding of microservices architectures
- Deploying tools for container monitoring, metrics, and logging
- Exposure to server administration (Windows, RHEL, and Ubuntu)
- Ability to anticipate production needs and suggest architectural solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player
- Exposure to Google Analytics and Zendesk is a bonus
What's in it for you:
- Competitive above market salary.
- Working in a fully agile environment. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up.
- This is an opportunity to operate and develop a platform on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about technology and product development, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success.
- Opportunity to learn new technologies and build something from scratch!
- Remote work would be considered once the team is up and running