Our client, who is active in the cryptocurrency world and is on a path to disrupt the web3 staking and infrastructure landscape, is looking to hire a Linux System Administrator, based in the UK. This is a remote position for anyone living in the UK.
You will be working in a close-knit team to help drive and execute initiatives to improve the security, scalability, and interoperability of the Company’s software/hardware stack. This is an opportunity to play a key role and help the client become a leading name in blockchain infrastructure. The client has a 0% cloud presence which will give you the unique opportunity to be hands-on with physical hardware.
- Collaborating with the leadership team, developers, key stakeholders, and customers to determine needs for improvement and additional functionalities.
- Creating and improving upon existing application features and interfaces including the Company’s Management Engine (LME), Backend APIs, and user-facing dashboards.
- Applying the latest techniques and working with leading security and auditing firms to protect against cyberattacks and information hacks.
- Support the deployment of new data center locations.
- Maintaining client and server-side applications.
- Optimizing and securing applications by integrating new tools and technologies.
- Documenting development/Deployment processes.
- Maintaining an insight into the Proof of Stake (PoS) ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, or related qualifications/experience.
- Extensive experience with Linux-based Operating systems.
- Ability to write scripts in bash or another scripting language.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices: CI, CD, TDD, etc.
- Knowledge of containerized deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of web servers, load balancing, and reverse proxies using tools such as Nginx or Haproxy.
- Understanding of cyber security best practices.
- Understanding of large-scale computer networks.
- Interest in cryptography and blockchain protocols.
- Interest in decentralized infrastructure.
- Basic proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Java, or Python.
Compensation: This is a key role within the Company therefore provides a highly competitive compensation package. It also includes access to ESO pools.