Our client, a leading technology and telecommunications provider to the shipping industry is looking to hire an Infrastructure Officer for their office in Limassol. The System / Infrastructure Officer job purpose is to maintain, upgrade, install, manage, and support the company’s ICT Infrastructure and provide a user and customer focused service to members of staff and associated third parties and clients.
Your goal is to ensure the company’s ICT infrastructure, cloud solutions, business applications, security tools, servers and line of business services run smoothly, efficiently, aiming for ongoing improvement. You will as IT downtime or zero-day exploits.
- Ensuring that appropriate measures are proactively followed in response to unforeseen issues causing service disruptions.
- Proactively monitoring systems performance ensuring 100% uptime.
- Installation, upgrades, maintenance, and performance monitoring of infrastructure systems and services from on-premises and hybrid to cloud.
- Managing infrastructure facilities such as asset management, anti-virus capability, system configuration, deployment, and maintenance services
- Undertaking necessary duties involved with projects, where necessary being the technical lead for projects ensuring fit for the purpose, secure, optimized and cost-effective solutions and integrations.
- Taking ownership of incidents/problems, actioning and updating logged tickets and ensuring service delivery, communication and escalation paths are being followed
- Troubleshoot issues reported by users, isolate them, run root-cause analysis, and resolve repeated problems under a change/problem management approach
- Maintaining records and contributing to the SOP documentation and infrastructure knowledge base
- Keeping up to date with new technologies, systems and assisting with evaluations
- Supporting and contributing to service and infrastructure improvement initiatives
- Undertaking ICT projects as instructed by the Head of Infrastructure
- Maintain excellent communication and close collaboration with other departments and colleagues
- Proposing and developing solutions & automations for on going improvement of infrastructure systems
- Implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption technology, and data backups to protect against unauthorized access to data
- A Degree in Computer Science or other related field or adequate experience in a similar position
- 5+ year experience in system/infrastructure administration
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization concepts and experience with VMware/KVM
- Excellent knowledge in maintenance and troubleshooting Windows domain server infrastructure and relevant services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Exchange Hybrid, FS etc.)
- Good knowledge in IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions and providers (AWS, DigitalOcean, Azure)
- Good knowledge in Microsoft 365 SaaS cloud solutions such as EXO, SPO, Dynamics 365, PowerApps etc.
- Good knowledge with Linux servers and distros like Debian, Ubuntu, Centos
- Good knowledge in scripting and automating with a scripting language like PowerShell, Python, Ansible or other
- Good knowledge of networking concepts and solutions and nice to have experience with Fortinet products
- Experience with Service Desk solutions, like FreshService, Jira or other
- Experience with monitoring and alerting services like Zabbix or relevant
- Experience with PBX systems like 3CX, Asterisk
- Experience with open-source solutions like ownCloud, FreePBX
- Good understanding of information security principles and best practices frameworks (i.e. ITIL)
What's on offer:
- 25,000 - 28,000 gross annual salary
- Medical and provident
- Personal development and trainings within the tech field