Our client is a leading importer of furniture, carpets and home accessories with over 100 partnerships in place. The group has 55 years of experience in designing holistic solutions for homes and businesses with furniture, wallpapers and carpets including niche accessories.
Due to a digital transformation and growth that the company is experiencing, they are now looking to hire a Junior System Engineer. The position is based in Limassol and will be reporting to the IT Manager.
This person will be responsible for installing and configuring systems, ensuring infrastructure availability, collaborating with I.T staff, and finding ways to increase system efficiency.
Key roles and responsibilities.
- Provides technical support to all users / employees of the company and promptly responds to their requirements.
- Handling IT operational issues and coordinates with the company's external partners in the field in question, to resolve any technical problems (hardware & software).
- Participates and supports the company in matters related to the technological infrastructure, based on the instructions it receives.
- Receives offers for the purchase of technological equipment, which he evaluates on the basis of the relevant needs and makes recommendations to the Management.
- Supports or participates in its installation.
- Trains and guides company staff on the use of technological equipment and systems.
- Monitors and participates in the maintenance of the company's security systems and the company's telephone system etc.
- Monitors and participates in company's electronic files back-up and maintenance.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree on Computer science (an engineer)
- Up to 5 years of experience. We are open to consider talented newly graduates as well.
- Good knowledge and understanding of hardware / software implementations is needed
- Open-minded, flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Fluent in Greek and English language.
Remuneration Package and Benefits
- Salary Range: EUR 20.000 – 25.000 annual gross salary
- Bonus based on targets and relevant KPIs
- A 5-day working schedule from Monday to Friday