Our client is the world's largest Value-Add-Reseller of Cloud Performance, Content Delivery, and Security technologies. Partnered with a number of iconic brands, they work to secure and deliver their clients' digital assets to worldwide audiences. Their team in Cyprus is growing and they are currently looking to recruit a Global Procurement Specialist to join their Hardware and Hosting team.
As the Procurement specialist, you will be assigned as a business partner to several key units within the group. Your main role is to become a trusted adviser and support the unit's business goals. You will also take responsibility for managing key Global Procurement policy.
This is a newly created function that provides guidance and support to the business in managing international supplier relationships throughout the Supplier Lifecycle, from the identification of business needs through to exit. The function maintains responsibility for the agreement of new supplier relationships and supplier reviews in line with an agreed structure.
We are looking for a highly motivated applicant with excellent interpersonal skills and a professional approach, knowledge of procurement and supplier management, material outsourcing agreements, and IT related products and services.
If you are the right person you will be passionate about procurement, results-driven, determined to get ahead, structured, and organized.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Select, build and lead strategic partnerships with global contracts with distributors.
- Sourcing, negotiating, and engaging with suppliers all over the world while building long-term relationships with vendors in the industry.
- Review contract specifications & compare proposals for price and specifications.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives on time.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Collaborate seamlessly with various external and internal stakeholders including sales, legal, operations and finance.
- Highly motivated, organized, with a positive “Whatever it takes” attitude.
- 3+ years’ experience of sourcing and purchasing Hardware (servers, network Gear, storage, and hardware parts).
- Experience in Hosting/ Colocation/ ISP contracts.
- Hands-on, negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, own tasks and be flexible regarding changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel Skills - Must.
- ERP experience – Priority knowledge will be an advantage.
- Independent, fierce delivery and commitment.
- Flexibility in working hours as we are working with providers all over the world.