Our client offers IT solutions by connecting the user and technology with an efficient and seamless experience through their own innovative developments. They are continuously developing systems in the maritime and enterprise sectors of the satellite communication industry, while also extending their expertise into corporate IT solutions such as cloud computing, licensing, project management, and custom-developed hardware. They are currently looking for an IT Engineer for their offices in Limassol.
- To oversee the IT engineering of the company's product developments and integrations.
- To serve as Tier 3 support directly to the technical support team for advanced issues.
- To work with the product development team on new developments for existing or new products.
- To communicate on regular basis with the product development team around projects and issues.
- To ensure project delivery.
- Good understanding and experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design, and implementations.
- To provide regular cross-training to tier 2 and tier 1 team members.
- To promote standardization using existing ITIL-based processes including Change Management to further the goals of the global department.
- To assists in the long-term roadmap development for the IT engineering department.
- Document architecture and operations guide.
- To provide IT recommendations to solve business problems.
- To provide long term upgrade planning to maintain software and hardware at a stable, supportable state.
- Document system dependencies for major upgrades.
- To manage technical projects using established project management methodologies.
- To support and promote the use of virtualization environments to reduce physical hardware.
- To provide ongoing monitoring and response for systems using monitoring and alerting tools.
- To ensure supporting services are working appropriately (such as DHCP, DNS, data replication, etc.).
- To ensure ongoing compliance and assist in the renewal process for support, maintenance, and licenses.
- To ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability.
- To recommend and implement global architectural upgrades and changes.
- To generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation of the platform.
- On-call responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- At least 10 years’ experience in Information Technology (IT) and IT Networking
- 5+ years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Very good knowledge of Linux Professional Institute Certification 1 (LPIC-1) OR Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Very good knowledge of Linux Professional Institute Certification 1 (LPIC-2) OR Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Able to work in a fast pack environment
- Precise and efficient communicator in English (written and verbal)
A competitive remuneration package is offered including a 13th salary and provident fund at 6% after the probation period.