We are looking for a new Board Support Analyst with a background either as a lawyer or corporate finance expert to be based at our clients' HQ in Limassol, Cyprus. The role involves providing financial analysis, corporate finance, and general support to the meetings of a new Strategy Committee of the Board of Directors and to the local General Manager in Cyprus as well as the responsibilities outlined below and other duties as required.
The Strategy Committee plans to meet on average 4 times a year and its remit is to provide fresh perspectives on strategy and economic trends, a sounding board for new ideas for the group, and it would be expected to look at the big picture, long-range trends, disruptive new technologies and other business topics identified by the Committee as a worth detailed study.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and be in frequent contact with the members of the groups' Strategy Committee of the Board, the Directors, the Cyprus General Manager, and the HQ Team Russia. Additionally, the role will involve working closely with senior management.
- Supporting [and attending] the quarterly meetings of the Strategy Committee of the Board of Directors in Cyprus (or elsewhere) including overseeing follow-up of agreed action points
- Assisting in/overseeing the production and verification of the presentations and other materials circulated for the Strategy Committee’s meetings
- Collect and organize information as requested by the Strategy Committee from platforms and database
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports - highly desirable but not essential
- Build excel models and make presentations through charts and graphs - highly desirable but not essential
- Reporting and presenting data to the Strategy Committee
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Strategy Committee.
- Supporting the Company’s HQ operations in Limassol including compliance with LSE and CySec requirements, production of financial statements, and assisting in the preparation of the Company’s annual report and non-financial information and diversity statement.
- Degree qualification in business administration, and/or law and /or finance/economics; 2-4 years post qualification as a lawyer or accountant and/or in the corporate finance sector
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in business administration/accounting/financial analysis roles
- Understanding of finance, financial markets, wider economic markets, fintech, and Russian business concepts
- Ability to work in a compact team running a holding company in Cyprus
- Good working knowledge in at least [three] of these areas: financial analysis, law, corporate finance, fintech, compliance, regulatory, risk management, taxation, accounting (IFRS), corporate governance,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with knowledge of Russian as an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Research and preparation of briefing papers for the Strategy Committee
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Initiative to work independently, capable of setting priorities when multiple demands are present
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of participants of the Strategy Committee and senior managers in Cyprus and in the operating subsidiaries in Russia.
What's on offer:
- A competitive market salary
- Medical insurance upon successful completion of the probation period
- Bonuses at the senior management discretion
- The Company will also support/sponsor additional work-related training for the successful candidate (for qualifications such as CFA, ICSA etc.)