Our client is the leading manufacturer in Libya of a global FMCG brand and currently holds the majority market share. Due to an expansion of their operation, we are looking for a Network and System Administrator to join their IT department. You’ll be responsible for managing their server and network infrastructures in their HQ offices in Tripoli as well as branch offices.
Network and System Administrator responsibilities include supervising and monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
Ultimately, you will ensure their software, hardware, servers, and networks run smoothly.
Your Responsibilities are:
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and maintain the company's, wireless, wide, and local area networks and infrastructure.
- Act as an expert systems administrator for physical and virtual servers on the company's network.
- Evaluate and implement current and emerging technology appropriate to enhance reliability and extend the capabilities of the company's environment.
- Monitor network operations to identify a traffic flow, latency, and capacity issues; develop, recommend, plan, and implement new technologies and services to satisfy capacity and performance requirements.
- Lead or participate in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software applicable to company network needs; coordinate the installation and maintenance of servers, clients, circuits, and data communications equipment; configure routers, switches, concentrators, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Monitor network security and performance including adding applications, users, and devices; identify unauthorized access and potential security risks; recommend and participate in projects to enhance network security.
- Perform DBMS backup/recovery/tuning and monitor data integrity; develop and maintain system security and firewall requirements based on company standards and department needs.
- Investigate, configure, and maintain complex physical technology including, but not limited to, wireless, wide, and local area networks, servers, workstations, and printers; develop and implement backup and disaster ecorvery for physical and virtualized systems.
- Investigate, configure, and maintain complex virtual technology including, but not limited to, virtual private networks, virtual local area networks, virtual servers, and virtual workstations; assist in the migration of systems from physical hardware to virtual systems.
- Investigate, configure, and migrate physical servers to virtual environments, virtual servers to physical environments, and develop distributed backup/failover/migration plans for business continuity in a disaster.
- Investigate and implement Domain to Domain connections including authentication, use, and restriction of access to systems across Domains, and appropriate firewall, and auditing/tracking technologies.
- Investigate, recommend, and configure wireless technology with new and existing networks.
- Document configurations and potential security issues and solutions in integrating wireless access to networks.
- Perform technical writing in the development and production of system documentation, instruction, and procedural manuals.
- Interact with managers, staff, vendors, and consultants regarding the company's computer resources and services.
- Provide user support and training for computer, network, e-mail, security, database, and web systems and hardware.
- Prepare various reports of server and system use and maintain a detailed inventory and records of repairs.
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule work and tasks for project team members.
- Assist in performing technical tasks including installing, troubleshooting, testing, repairing, servicing, and customizing computers, telephones, audiovisual systems, voicemail, pagers, mobile devices, and supporting software and services.
- Assist in providing computer users with equipment, software programs, and application procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your Profiles should be:
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in information systems operations and maintenance is required, which includes:
- Computer LAN, WAN, or MAN networks.
- Solid understanding of Oracle systems
- Must possess knowledge of the administration of network solutions and servers.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- You must be able to logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work.
- You must possess well-developed interpersonal skills, initiative, and the ability to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and nights as needed.
- You must be willing to relocate to Tripoli, Libya
What's on offer:
- Competitive market salary paid in US Dollars
- Housing/accommodation and transportation
- Medical Aid coverage
- Mobile and Laptop
- 3 return tickets to country of origin