Our client, a group of companies operating in the maritime industry is looking to hire a Financial Manager. Supervising a team of 5, the role exists to manage the bottom line at a country level, and inform on business decisions by implementing financial controls, managing the country's budget and providing accurate high level financial analysis, adhering to business strategy, as well as professional and legal regulation. The position reports to the Group Financial Controller.
- Project and develop a budget for country operations
- Accountable for the development and projection of the country's overall and functional budget for the current and next financial year and for compliance of financial reports to legal reporting and tax filings requirements in the country.
- Drive the timely and accurate compilation of accounts and preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and other required reports at a country level through heads of departments.
- Assist the Country Head in the allocation and approval process for the budget for relevant businesses and projects.
- Analyze high-level financial data
- Accountable for assisting the Group Financial Controller in developing the financial strategy of the organization.
- Provide expert insight on analyzed financial data at a country level, and present findings to Group Financial Controller and Country Head to guide business decisions and strategy formulation.
- Establish financial controls
- Responsible for ensuring all financial transactions in the country adhere to the developed processes and policies, as well as legal requirements.
- Drive the adoption of business processes and accounting policies to manage, document, evaluate and report financial transactions implemented by Group Financial Controller within the country.
- Manage risks and develop contingencies
- Accountable for the implementation of the developed financial risk management system within the country.
- Drive the implementation of structured contingency plans to minimize the impact of unforeseen financial risks through collaboration with the Country Head and relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Group Financial Controller and Country Head to review financial risk management systems and contingency plan to ensure alignment to local financial legislation and regulations.
- Drive continuous improvement within the department
- Responsible for implementing and driving continuous improvement initiatives through managers and employees within the department.
- Collaborate with Group Financial Controller and employees within the department to identify improvements that can be made to policies, processes, or technological infrastructure.
- Drive the operationalization and implementation of improvement initiatives within the department through managers and employees.
- Monitor adherence to timeline and budget for continuous improvement projects and technological implementations within the department and report progress to Group Financial Controller.
- Monitor and report improvement in outcomes within the department to Group Financial Controller.
- Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance/CPA/ Chartered Accountant from certified accountancy bodies such as CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW
- Proven success in a Financial Manager or equivalent position of a global organization
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the discipline of Accounting and Finance
- An in-depth understanding of the business model of the ship management industry is preferred.
- Ability to work on Oracle Finance or any other finance platform
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven success in people management
What's on offer:
- Competitive market salary
- 13th salary and discretionary bonus
- Medical and Provident fund