Our client is an international ship management firm with various global locations. Their strategic procurement team creates sustainable competitive advances for their customers: a dedicated and well-connected internal logistics team combined with a proven practiced category management approach and clustering of volumes in cooperation with a major liner company, gives them strong purchasing power for the benefit of their customers with full transparency. In order to further expand this set-up in line with the interests of their customer base, they are looking for a Procurement Officer, for their office in Limassol.
- Render procurement services to the fleet team in which the procurement officer is embedded. Close cooperation with the superintendents.
- Process the procurement requisitions from the vessels, taking into account the procurement policy of the company and the advice from superintendents,
- Continuously strive to optimize the procurement processes in order to come to the best price/quality ratio of goods/services purchased, thereby contributing to the annual vessel budget and reduce the administrative costs involved in ordering the goods/services.
- Close cooperation with the logistics team to ensure shipment of spares, stores, and consumables in a timely manner,
- Within the given authority levels, check and approve invoices and settle claims/ disputes with suppliers.
- Support of Reporting for Third-Party Owners.
- Rate suppliers basis price/performance criteria.
- Sound understanding of procurement and logistics processes.
- Working experience at a ship managing company or at one of the company’s current suppliers.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when dealing with people often in difficult circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in using PMS software solutions.
Become part of a modern international company that drives a continuous innovation process. As part of the Procurement team, you help to shape this transformational change with future-oriented solutions.
What is on offer:
- Competitive market salary x 13
- Provident fund
- Medical Scheme for the family